Terms and Conditions
- These terms of sale
- Please read these Terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These Terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
- Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Jian London Limited a company headquartered in Milton Keynes and registered in Scotland. Our company registration number is SC485024 and our registered office is at Capital Square, 58 Morrison Street, Brodies LLP, Edinburgh EH3 8BP, United Kingdom.
- How to contact us.You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at +4420 3287 8088 or by writing to us at 3 Copperhouse Court, Milton Keynes, MK7 8NL or using email addresses detailed in the Customer Support section https://jianlondon.co.uk/Contact
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
- Orders, Order Acknowledgement and Order Acceptance
- Placing your order To place an order for products, simply add the products you wish to your shopping bag, check out (using your chosen payment method) with your customer account or as a guest, and your products will then be shipped to you or to a person designated by you. You will be given an opportunity to review your order prior to submitting it. Once you have placed your order (and payment has been successfully verified and authorised by your bank), your order receipt will be displayed on screen including the order number ("Order ID"). We will email you a copy of the sales receipt ("Order Acknowledgement Email") to the email address you provided. The Order Acknowledgement Email and / or Order ID does not signify our acceptance of your order; we are simply confirming that we received your order.
- How we will accept your order. The decision to accept your order is at our sole discretion. Once we have processed your order and prepared it for shipping, your order status will change and we will send you an email stating the status of the order has changed to "Packing" (and will be the “Order Acceptance Email”). Our acceptance of your order will take place when we send you the Order Acceptance Email, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and the reason why. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment, because you provided an undeliverable or ambiguous address, the delivery address is a hotel room or student accommodation, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified. In the event of non-acceptance your payment will not be processed or if we have taken payment prior to non-acceptance of your order, then we will refund you by the same method as the original payment was made, but please note, even if we refund you immediately, that the time taken is dependant on your bank policies and it can take from 1 to 14 days for the transfer of the funds back to you. [https://jian.london/Returns]
- International orders. These Terms apply to all orders for products which are being delivered in the UK. If your order is to be delivered to addresses outside the UK please refer to our international sales terms https://jianlondon.co.uk/International-Terms or contact us by email for more details.
- Our products
Description of products. Each product purchased is sold subject to its "Product Description" on our website, where any additional specific conditions related to that individual product are provided including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the website. Although we aim to keep the website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted in accordance with our order acceptance policy.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Precious metals and gemstone colours vary by carat weight, size, cut and clarity and are therefore dependent on the options you select for your order. Your product may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because our products are handmade, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website may not be exactly as shown. Every natural gemstone varies by its very nature. Created gemstones are created by batch under a controlled environment and vary much less than natural gemstones. There can be very small colour variations between batches however gemstones are graded and colour matched before an item of jewellery is made.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- Making sure your measurements are accurate. If we are making the product to measurements you have given us, you are responsible for ensuring that these measurements are correct. You can find information and tips on how to measure on our website https://jianlondon.co.uk/Ring-Sizing or by contacting us. Although we make every effort to make rings to their exact size, we can only guarantee this to the nearest +/- half size. Half sizes are generally only 0.2mm difference in diameter and are virtually imperceptible to the wearer. If we are making a bespoke ring and we get it wrong, you agree to allow us the opportunity to correct the mistake.
- Delivery, Title and Risk
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website https://jianlondon.co.uk/Delivery. Delivery charges will vary depending on the priority and destination you choose to have the product delivered to during the order process.
- When we will provide the products. During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the products to you. For gold and platinum items, bespoke, made to order or personalised products we will contact you with an estimated delivery date, which will be, where reasonably possible, within the timescales outlined in the Product Description of each product. We will also keep you updated via email throughout the process. You should receive updates from our delivery couriers regarding the delivery once we have shipped the product to you.
Gold and Platinum products.
- Rings: All gold and platinum rings are bespoke, individually cast and handcrafted to your specific ring size measurement and will can take between 3 days and 6 weeks to be customised and hallmarked. The estimated completion date for the gold and platinum items is outlined in the Product Description on our website. We will send you a replica silver item of the gold or platinum product ("Replica Item") to all you to check the size and style of the product together with a letter updating you of the estimated delivery date. Unless you let us know beforehand, the workshop will automatically start making your jewellery 7 days after your Replica Item is received. It is therefore important that you let us know of any changes or cancellation before the workshop starts making your jewellery otherwise you may be charged for the work we have undertaken or further work to change the order.
- All other Gold and Platinum products are generally bespoke and made to order (as indicated in their Product Descriptions). Customisation is to your order instructions and can take can take between 3 days and 6 weeks to be customised and / or hallmarked. Our workshop will automatically start making your gold or platinum jewellery immediately after you place your order. Shipping times are dependent on a number of factors including the availability of partially made items, whether they have been hallmarked or not and the complexity of the order instructions. For example, if a gold pendant is already hallmarked and only requires a gemstone to be set, this can usually be sent within 1 to 2 business days, however if it has not been hallmarked then it could take from 1 to 4 weeks to be sent.
- Bespoke designs, design services, repairs and other services. Bespoke products, designs and other services are subject to additional terms available at https://jianlondon.co.uk/Bespoke
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay of 2 months you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery, the courier we instruct will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery If, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot, you will be contacted for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract.
- When you become responsible for the products. A product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us.
- When you own products. You own a product once we have received payment in full.
- What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, ring measurement sizes. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the products on our website. We will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- Your rights to make changes
- Our rights to make changes
- All of our products come with a one year guarantee that covers our workmanship. Any replacement, exchange, repair or returns are subject to our Returns procedure https://jianlondon.co.uk/Returns. Outside the warranty period and if damage is not deemed to be a manufacturing fault, we will advise you on our repairs service.
- For the avoidance of doubt this warranty does not cover scratches or damage resulting from, in the opinion of Jian London, accidents, improper handling of the products, inappropriate use, failure to follow care instructions, modification, improvements or repairs, or your negligence. It also does not cover products that have not been purchased from Jian London.
- Statutory Time limits for changing your mind. Under the relevant consumer protection regulations, you have a statutory cooling off period to let us know that you have decided to cancel your order (or have changed your mind) about a purchase made online. This starts the moment the order is placed and ends 14 days from the day the goods are received. There are some exclusions, for example where the product is bespoke, made to your specification or personalised. Please see section 9.6 for a list of non-returnable items.
- Extended 30 Days Return Time limits. We know receiving a gift or sizing can sometimes be an issue, so if you change your mind about a product within 30 days of shipment (or the extended return period if the item is purchased during the Holiday Period (as described below) (the "Returns Period"), we will consider your return accordance with the conditions outlined in this clause 9.
- Gifts and holiday period. The return period for any products purchased as a gift, that includes our paid gift wrapping service, is 45 days from the date of shipment, or for any products purchased between 1st November and 31st December ("Holiday Period") the returns period for returnable products is extended from the date of shipment up to 31st January the following year, provided the product is unused, still in their original condition and the security tag has not been removed.
How to cancel or return an item. You must let us know as soon as possible, preferably in writing, if you decide to cancel the order or return an item during the Returns Period. To exercise your right to cancel you must provide us with your name, address, your order date, details of the order you want cancel (Order ID or proof of purchase) and inform you wish to cancel or return the item by a clear statement. You can cancel by contacting us:
- By email at email@example.com,
- By post at 3 Copperhouse Court. Milton Keynes, MK7 8NL; or
- By telephone on +44 (0) 20 3287 8088.
Returnable items. You can return or exchange a product within the Returns Period, but the product must:
- be unused and in their original condition (including all labels and security tags intact);
- have proof of purchase such as an Order ID or delivery note,
- not be an non-returnable item (described below), and
- your product meets our terms outlined in these Terms and returns procedure (at clause viii below).
Non-returnable items, Items not accepted for return (unless there is a fault with them, or they are not as described) include:
- Products that have been altered amended and / or showing signs of wear, alteration, resizing or damage or otherwise not in their original condition;
- Products where the hygiene seal and / or security tag has been removed (for example pierced jewellery);
- Products which by reason of their nature cannot be returned; and / or
- Products that are bespoke, personalised (e.g. engraved), made to order, made to measure, or your specifications.
Gold and Platinum Products.
- Rings. All Gold and Platinum Rings are bespoke and made to your specification. We therefore send you a Replica Item to confirm the size and style of the item is correct before commencing work on your gold or platinum product. You have 7 days from receipt of the Replica Item to cancel or change or your order.
- Other Gold and Platinum Jewellery. All other Gold and Platinum products are bespoke and made to order (customisation in accordance with your order instructions).
- Once we have shipped the gold or platinum item to you, you cannot change your mind. If you cancel after we have started work on the gold or platinum item (and before it is shipped to you), you must pay us for the services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind.
Returns procedure. Please see the list below for details of our returns procedure. If you have questions, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
- You must contact Jian London by email or call 020 3287 8088 as soon as possible to clearly advise us that want to return your order, including your name, contact details, order date and the Order ID.
- You are obliged to retain possession of the product and take reasonable care of it until the product is returned and received by us.
- You are responsible for returning the product(s) securely and safely back to us, including the cost of the return postage. To avoid damage during transit you must package the item in exactly the same way it was received. Please use the unique returns label on the packing list that comes with your order when returning any item. We recommend that you use a tracked service when sending products back to us.
- Our packaging is considered to be a part of the product, so please return any product in the same way you received it, in its original condition (i.e. unused) and packaging (including security and / or hygiene tags) and any packing materials to avoid any deductions from your refund.
- Non-returnable items (as described in clause 9.iv) are not accepted for return (unless there is a fault). In certain circumstances and at our sole discretion, we may consider a refund or exchange of a non-returnable product subject to a fee, which compensates us for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract, such as the replacement of any damaged parts, or to reflect its (now) second-hand value.
- Ordinarily, where products are returned within the valid Returns Period with the security tag intact and in its original condition, we aim to make an exchange or process a full refund within 7 to 14 days of receipt of the returned product or proof of return, by the original method you used for the purchase (but it can take up to 7 days for the funds to show in your account).
Any product returned where the security tag has been removed will be inspected under the microscope by our workshop.
- If the product inspected is still in its original condition, unused and / or undamaged, then a refund or store credit will be issued.
- If the product is inspected and found to be used, worn or damaged, more than necessary for your to ascertain the nature and characteristics of the product, then way you would in a shop, we may reduce the amount refunded to reflect the product has been handled by you (that would not otherwise be permitted in a shop).
- If the inspected product is faulty and the return is made within the Returns Period we will offer either a replacement, repair or refund. We will offer to repair or replace the product in the first instance. We do not offer a refund unless we are unable to repair or replace the product.
- If the inspected product is faulty and the return is made outside the Returns Period, but within the first year of purchase in accordance with our guarantee we will offer a replacement or repair the product.
- If the inspected products have been used and not in their original condition, the product will not be accepted for return and we will not issue a refund. However, at our sole discretion, we can deduct a handling fee to facilitate an exchange to something else or store credit.
- If you have changed your mind, but the return is rejected, you may also incur a return handling and postage fee of £10 to allow us to return the product to you.
- Products returned due to your refusal to sign, collect or rearrange delivery or other non-delivery issue will incur a £10 non-delivery fee (and any storage fees, if appliable) before being refunded.
- Please note we are unable to process a refund, if you return products which are outside our Returns Period or if you do not have proof of purchase, so please keep your receipt, Order ID and / or the Order Acceptance Email.
Faulty items. We are committed to providing the highest quality products. If your product develops a fault within the first year (from your date of purchase) due to an issue where we are at fault through normal wear and not due to accidental damage, we will aim to fix this quickly and efficiently, within one or two days, or such timescales we agree with you. Alternatively, we will provide you a replacement if the product cannot be economically fixed.
- If a fault occurs within the first 30 days, simply email us a photo of the product, together with your name, address, contact details and proof of purchase. We will send a replacement item along with a pre-paid return envelope for returning the original product, which you simply drop off at your nearest Post Office. If you fail to return the original, faulty item within 14 days of receiving the replacement item we reserve the right to charge you again for the replacement item that was sent to you.
- After 30 days, but within the first year, you will need to return the original product to us for inspection together with your name, address, contact details and proof of purchase and we will repair or replace the product, or repeat the service, in accordance with the terms of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
So long as the products are returned or cancelled in accordance with these Terms and the returns procedure, we will refund the price of the product in full (subject to any deduction we are entitled to make due to your use or damage of the product(s)) together with the cost of standard delivery, if paid at the time of purchase).
- Please note the maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer.
- We may also deduct from any refund an amount equal to the supply of the services for the period for which it was supplied (up to the time when you told us you had changed your mind). The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied.
- All valid refunds will be issued via the same method as the original form of payment within 7 to 14 days of the date when we have received the product you have returned, or you have supplied evidence of having sent the product back, whichever is earliest;
- Price and Payments
- Price and sales taxes. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 11.2 below for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order. Prices are inclusive of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect. For delivery destinations outside the UK, prices do not include VAT or other sales taxes.
- It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- Currency. All prices shall be shown in the applicable currency and payable in that currency. We will charge your card in the currency stated in the Order Acknowledgement Email. Some banks and payment providers may charge you an additional fee for certain transactions (for example, international transactions or currency conversions).
- Import duties.
- Payments. During checkout your order details will be passed securely to our preferred processing partners Amazon and Paypal (where all of the major Credit and Debit Cards are accepted.) You must pay for the products before we dispatch them.
- Limitation of Liability
These Terms do not exclude our liability (if any) to you for:
- personal injury or death resulting from our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of any obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
- under Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
- Subject to this, our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaching these Terms is strictly limited to the purchase price of the product you purchased. We only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes and in no event shall we be liable to you for any indirect losses (such as any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity).
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date. Our website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and we do not guarantee that our site will be secure, uninterrupted or free from bugs or viruses. You must not misuse our website and you are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the website and the products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your statutory cancellation rights
- Other important terms and conditions
- If you register as a customer, your user name, any user identification code, password and any other personal data provided is true, complete and accurate. You must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If, in our reasonable option you have failed to comply with these Terms, we have the right to disable your user account. If you know, or suspect, someone other than you knows your personal account details or password, you must promptly notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- We may provide links to other websites or resources provided by third parties for you to access at your sole discretion. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time. We may not necessarily keep a copy of these Terms and your order. We advise you to print a copy of them for your information in the future.
- These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any contract. The contract and all communications between us will be conducted in the English language.
- If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, it will be deleted from the rest of these Terms which shall remain unaffected.
- No delay or failure by us to exercise any powers, rights or remedies under these Terms will operate as a waiver of them, nor will any single or partial exercise of any such powers, rights or remedies prevent any other or further exercise of them.
- A person who is not a party to a contract governing the Terms between you and us is not entitled to enforce any of its terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) (Scotland) Act 2017 except where these Terms expressly provide for such rights.
- All notices given by you to us must be given in writing to the address set out at the beginning of these Terms. We may give you notice at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order.
- We will deal with any complaints in a timely and fair manner and, in the event of dispute, we reserve the right to mediate the matter in accordance with the National Association of Jewellers ("NAJ") procedure for mediation, to facilitate a timely resolution. Please contact us at email@example.com for further details and the NAJ Compliance Officer's contact details.
- These Terms will be governed by Scots law. The Scottish Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms.
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered, please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible, we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
We may change the product to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, or if required by law. These changes should not affect your use of the product. If there are more significant changes to these Terms or the product ordered, we will notify you of those changes. If you wish to cancel your order before those changes take effect, you may do so, and you will receive a refund of any products paid for but not received.